My absolute yes and my absolute no
Spring is emerging. As I wander our neighbourhood, blooms are birthing and the colour is eye catching. I am excited to see what spring unravels for me as winter has been a season of raw, delicious growth. I have learned to not resist emotions, I’ve embraced them, listened, taken rest and begin to understand the try meaning of surrender.
Today I have been reflecting. It’s a full moon tonight and I have observed over the last few months at the same time I go inward . I will often pick up the book ‘A Way of The Happy Woman’ whilst sitting in my sacred space. Today as I flicked through pages until the page spoke loudly, I knew there was something that needed my attention for further growth. It is my ‘absolute yes and no list’. Do you have one?
I thought about this and wanted no attachment and unachievable things that would leave me feeling depleted if I see didn’t follow through. It was then I decided that this list would serve me as a daily reminder of self-love.
MY ABSOLUTE YES LIST
* Smile, giggle, cuddle and smooch my loved ones.
* Set my alarm at 5.30am when my loves are still in slumber and and spend time in meditation and silence.
* Practise yoga everyday.
* Remember gratitude and thanks.
* Continue to bathe surrounded by candle light.
* Eat simple wholefoods.
* Take my shoes off and place my feet on the earth.
* Spend time in our garden.
* Unplug at least one day a week.
MY ABSOLUTE NO LIST
* No checking emails or social media upon rising in the morning or before sleep at night.
* Not letting things slide and speak up for what I need personally and professionally.
* No phones when having a bath.
* No checking emails more than twice a day.
* No saying yes when I really want to say no.
* No more responding out of fear.